Friday, 3 May 2013

April Highlights 2013

April started with a bit of a bang on the blog after I moved virtual house at the end of March (thanks to everyone for sticking with me!) but things soon became a bit quieter after I became a little preoccupied with helping Mike and his brothers to organise a surprise tea party for their mum and dad. 

On the blog:

I only managed to publish four posts and one of them I didn't even write! Huge thanks again to the lovely Anna of Miss Beatrix for the fabulous guest post.

Miss Chaela Boo: April highlights 2013
I started off April with the teacup pincushion DIY followed by my thoughts on the brilliant Great British Sewing Bee where I showed off my sewing skills (and mistakes) with the dress I made when I was 18. As mentioned I welcomed Anna as my guest for April and she delivered with a super easy DIY for helping out our garden birdies with best building supplies. Finally I took part in my first vegan food swap and I look forward to seeing what the next one has in store.

Off the blog:
Miss Chaela Boo: April highlights 2013
Mike and I went to check out the new play fitness equipment in the local park which was so much fun and I look forward to visiting more over the summer. I got crafty with some foxy designs for cards and gift tags and started making LEGO earrings for my Etsy shop. We also had a pair of persistent blue tits trying to nest build in our boiler flue. They were eventually evicted last week after the accumulation of moss caused the boiler to shut down. 
Miss Chaela Boo: April highlights 2013
I baked many cakes including this Victoria sponge and pineapple upside down cake. After much planning the surprise tea party, that we organised for Mike's parents, happened without too many hitches and Spring truly arrived when my favourite scruffy daffodils came out to play.

I think it's finally safe to say Happy Spring everyone!! 

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen that type of daffs before but love them. That fitness stuff looks great fun. Off to read your food swap. I missed it somehow. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the daffs! Looking forward to visiting the park this weekend too! X

      Delete
  2. Love the scruffy daffodils- those are brilliant. And the Lego earrings; inspired! xxx

    ReplyDelete