Saturday, 20 July 2013

Crafty Creatives - Box 12

The eagerly anticipated and very exciting birthday box arrived from Crafty Creatives this week (Happy Birthday ladies!) but I'm still catching up with box 12. The summer is my busiest time of year at work which has meant a bit less crafting and a lot less blogging the last couple of weeks (I've a lot of catching up to do this coming week!). However, last week I finally got stuck in to box 12; the TREAT box!
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 12
The art card this month was SWEET and came from Louise Williams (love the whale cupcake!) and a quick peek through the box found:
  • The kit: cross-stitch
  • 3 cake slice charms
  • cupcake ribbon
  • 10 'm' print cabochons
  • fat quarter of Paris Macaroons fabric
  • packet of tags
  • biscuit cutter
  • recipe card
  • juicy beads
  • craft paper
  • 5 ice cream buttons   
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 12
As usual I got straight on with the kit since this didn't need any thinking about, apart from choosing which pattern.
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 12 - I love cake cross-stitch
I had to get my thinking cap on for the rest of the box and started off by using one of the cabochons to make myself an 'm' ring. 

Of course, part of the ribbon went towards decorating some mini gift tags (the rest may well go the same way if I don't think of anything else. 
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 12 - cupcake gift tags
Finally I needed to use the beautiful fabric since I didn't want to just absorb it into my stash. I didn't fancy stitching anything so I decided to get my staple gun out and make a memo board for my craft corner. I spare piece of chipboard left over from an upholstery project was just the right size and everything else I found in my stash. An hour or so later and it was finished!
Miss Chaela Boo: Crafty Creatives Box 12 - memo board
Now I need to get cracking with the birthday box, come back soon to see how I get on!

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done, I love your new pin board.What an exciting box of treats :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a really great box. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your memo board Michaela, its looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, really enjoyed making it. I do love a quick project that can be finished in one evening.

      Delete
  3. What a colourful box of goodies. I also love the pin board. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the colours too, perfect for summer. x

      Delete
  4. You have made some lovely things! I especially like the pretty memo board.
    M x

    ReplyDelete