Sunday, 22 September 2013

Cherry Hinton Craft Party - part 2

Last week I told you that I would attending the Cherry Hinton Craft Party hosted by Claire of Claireabellemakes, not just for the crafty party fun but also as a stall holder at the mini-craft fair.

The Craft Party was all part of the larger Cherry Hinton Festival and being a very local resident I was delighted to take part. Activities on offer included crochet, knitting and paper pin wheels and it was lovely to see knitting and crochet experts helping out and teaching the novices.
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - image by Claireabellemakes
Image: Claireabellemakes
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - paper pin wheels
There was a good spread of cakes on offer and I contributed a vegan strawberry Victoria sandwich cake from Ms Cupcakes fabulous book. I say this every time I try one of the recipes from the book but this is my new favourite cake.
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - Strawberry Victoria sandwich cake
As well as a spot of baking I had lots of preparation to do for the afternoon, gathering up my stock and props as well as making sure I had tape, scissors and other essentials. Throughout the afternoon waves of panic hit me from 'what if I haven't got enough stock?' to 'what if I don't even get one sale?'. I reminded myself that the main focus was on trying out my stall and getting an idea of all of the things that need be considered when running a craft stall (any sales would be a nice bonus).
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - the Miss Chaela Boo stall

I took everything with me from my stock box (cards, brooches and lavender hearts) but it was my cards and tags that proved most popular and received the most compliments. This wasn't a huge surprise as it's my cards and tags that have been most popular in my Etsy shop but it was good to have this confirmed and gives me something to focus my efforts on. Fans of the Apprentice will be familiar with Sir Lord Alan Sugar's motto 'Smell what sells' so you can expect to see an expanding range of the cards and tags as I work on new designs and variations.  
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - mini-tags by Miss Chaela BooMiss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - the Miss Chaela Boo stall
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - cards by Miss Chaela Boo
The other stall holders included Claire with her beautiful fabric covered rings and scrabble brooches.
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - the Claireabellemakes stall
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - glitter brooches by Claireabellemakes
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - bicycle bracelets by Claireabellemakes
Suki of The Owl Club was there too with her vintage inspired makes! Badges, bibs and tiny owl brooches made from vintage fabrics.
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - The Owl Club stall
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - vintage fabric bibs by The Owl Club
Sharon of Bluerana brought her hand-made cards and I couldn't resist buying one of her crochet hook rolls (even though I only have two hooks!)
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - image by Claireabellemakes
Image: Claireabellemakes
After all the madness of the day it was lovely to be able to have a sit down and natter over a cup of tea and yummy cake as well as a browse of the other stalls. In addition to the crochet hook roll, I came away with one of Claire's pretty rings and Suki's cute little owl brooches.
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - fabric covered ring by Claireabellemakes and owl brooch by The Owl ClubMiss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - crochet hook roll by Bluerana
And finally...if you like what you saw on my stall there's still time to enter my giveaway! The lucky winner will receive £10 to spend in my Etsy shop.
Miss Chaela Boo - Cherry Hinton Craft Party - cards by Miss Chaela Boo

4 comments:

  1. It was a lovely way to spend time and I loved my ladybird card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely to see you and other friendly faces, thank you for coming. X

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great write up - so pleased you enjoyed the event.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun event! Gotta love crafting parties! That strawberry cake looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete