Sunday, 1 September 2013

Hello September!

I love September. I still get that 'back to school' feeling of anticipation of an exciting new beginning, like the start of spring or the new year. Following what feels like months of madness in my day job there's been little going on in my bloggy and crafty world over the summer so I'm skipping my August Highlights and looking ahead to an exciting September with more time for my crafty side and plenty more blogging. It's also my birthday month!
Miss Chaela Boo: Hello September! - cherry bakewell cupcakes
Cherry bakewll cupcakes for the office?
I've been thinking about some new blogging topics and in September I'll be introducing my 'Five tips for...' where I'll be bringing you my favourite makes and uses for those things in the craft stash that you don't know what to do with like the boxes of buttons or that bag of fabric scraps.If there's something in your stash that you don't know what to do with, let me know and I'll get my thinking cap on!

There'll also be a birthday giveaway (yay!), because it's been ages since I last held a giveaway and it seems like a good excuse.

I'm most excited about my first craft fair which will be taking place very locally at the Cherry Hinton Festival. It's been an amazing incentive to get making again and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to try out my ideas for my stall for future fairs. 

Here's my earring display made from dried poppy seed heads. 
Miss Chaela Boo: Hello September - earring display
Finally, it's blackberry season! I can't wait to go out brambling so I can make lots of yummy jam. These beauties are from the blackberry bush in my garden but wont be enough for all the jam jars I have to fill!
Miss Chaela Boo: Hello September - juicy blackberries
What are you most looking forward to in the coming month? 

9 comments:

  1. Are those cherry bakewell cupcakes they look yummy! Next Sunday we should do run and blackberry picking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are and they taste amazing, although the almond frosting can be a bit much. Next Sunday is good for me! x

      Delete
  2. Loving the earring display! I could just eat one of those cakes now, it's made me hungry
    Jasmine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes look so yummy and I love the Earring display, so pretty.
    September to me also feels like a month to catch up on things etc. I really need to blog/craft more.

    Good luck with your first craft fair =)

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, really looking forward to it. X

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your first craft fair! Yummy looking cakes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a 5 tips series! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :) ~Steph

    ReplyDelete