Sunday, 3 November 2013

October highlights

Well October whizzed by (like every month seems to be doing as we speed on towards Christmas)! I had a lovely time coming up with ideas for projects to make with buttons and got through quite a lot of my stash in the process. I hope everyone found something useful amongst the ideas, in case you missed it find it here!
Miss Chaela Boo - October highlight - Crafting with buttons
My book review of Homemade Gifts Vintage Style was another great excuse to get crafting and try out some of the projects, including this cake stand made from upcycled plates and sherry glasses. 
Miss Chaela Boo - October Hightlights - Book review Homemade Gifts Vintage Style
My top highlight of October was seeing my crochet Sausage Plant (Cissus Quadrangularis) going on display at the Cambridge University Botanic Garden as part of the dispaly created by Cam City WI for the Festival of Ideas. Ten months of work by the group concluded in this fabulous display of touchy feely plants.
Miss Chaela Boo - October Highlights - Hooked on plants
Awat from the blog, I've been working on some new card designs for the upcoming craft fari at the end of November. The Christmas Fox and Rainbow Fox are also avaialble in my Etsy store.
Miss Chaela Boo - Christmas Fox
Miss Chaela Boo - Rainbow Fox
Finally, have a look at these stunning plants from my trip to the Botanic Garden. This amazing purple passion flower is from the greenhouse and the flaming red leaves of a maple tree bring a splash of colour to a chilly day.
Miss Chaela Boo - October Hightlights - Cambridge University Botanic Garden

What did you love about October?

2 comments:

  1. What a really great month. I love the foxes. It has to be the colours that I love about Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. Autumn colours and fireworks are the upside to cool dark nights. x

      Delete