Thursday, 13 March 2014

Round ripple baby blanket

Miss Chaela Boo: Round ripple baby blanket
At last I can show you the crochet baby blanket I made for our new niece after we finally made the trip last weekend to meet the latest addition to the family. Ellena arrived in January but due to The Mike's surgery we had to wait a few weeks before we could go for a visit. 
Miss Chaela Boo: Round ripple baby blanket
I first saw the pattern for this blanket over at meet.make.laugh and followed the link to the original pattern on ravelry. It's a pretty easy pattern which is mostly worked in trebles (note that the pattern is written in US terms) so it works up really quickly. I enjoyed every minute I spent making it and even took a break before the final row because I didn't want it to be over. I can't wait to get started on a huge one for my bed just as soon as I decide on colours. 
Miss Chaela Boo: Round ripple baby blanket
I used the beautifully soft Sirdar Snuggly yarn to make the blanket. I was surprised that this yarn is 55% nylon and 45% acrylic as it is so soft and not at all squeaky when working with it. It's also machine washable so it's perfect for small children and comes in good range of colours.
Miss Chaela Boo: Round ripple baby blanket
Originally I started with less traditional colours which included the purple and dark pink combined with turquoise as I wanted to avoid making it overly pink and girly. In the end I decided on a compromise and the finished blanket is a little more traditional in colour but bright enough to make it a little different. 

And here is the lady of the moment modelling the finished blanket.
Miss Chaela Boo: Round ripple baby blanket
Have you finished a special project recently? Don't forget to leave me your link in the comments so I can come and have a peek!

6 comments:

  1. It's so lovely! The photo of Ellena on it is brilliant :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, there were so many to choose from! :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful :-) those colours work wonderfully together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's extremely clever Michaela! I'm impressed! Gorgeous work! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks beautiful :) And your sweet niece looks like a superhero with a cartoon explosion behind her (in much prettier colours :) ) Looking forward to seeing your own one! xxx

    ReplyDelete