Monday, 26 May 2014

Crochet jumper

I've been growing increasingly envious of friends who are able to knit beautiful jumpers and cardigans for themselves. I can knit but my skills have so far only extended to scarfs and hats, I definitely favour crochet and find the patterns easier to follow. The trouble is that stylish and practical crochet patterns can be difficult to find; I guess crochet just lends itself better to holey shawls. However, the  Maple Falls Sweater by Joanne of Not So Granny was perfect for a first time attempt at jumper making. The pattern was produced as part of the Crochet Project and the original comes in beautiful autumn colours. I love the maple leaf design but I just don't do brown. 

I'm really into navy at the moment so decided to go for a blue version of the jumper, with navy for the main colour. After a quick trip to The Sheep Shop I was stocked up on yarn ready to go. I ended up with woolcott which is a mix of lambswool and cotton, perfect for spring!
Miss Chaela Boo - Crochet jumper woolcott yarn
I didn't manage to take many 'in progress' photos but here is a cheeky close up of the maple leaf stitches.
Miss Chaela Boo - Crochet jumper
After three attempts and one whole month I finished the jumper. I'm so pleased with it. In the light blue and white the maple leaves look more like snow flakes so I think this jumper could be a good all year rounder.
Miss Chaela Boo - Crochet jumper
I've already got my second pattern lined up so I'll be reporting back on that if I can ever make a decision on the yarn to use.

Have you got a favourite crochet (or knitting) pattern? Or are you working on something at the moment. Let me know in the comments and share your links. 

Finally, as it's Monday, why not stop by Handmade Monday and check out all the other lovely handmade blogs. 

11 comments:

  1. Michaela I love that jumper so much and think it looks absolutely fab on you! Well done missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful jumper. I love the colours you've chosen, and the finished result looks very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic jumper! I'm currently working on a quite plain cardigan but with a fair isle pattern running along the rib. Fingers crossed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, good luck with it Natalie :)

      Delete
  4. The jumper looks fantastic Michaela :-) gorgeous colours. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzie, I can't wait to get started on the next one xx

      Delete
  5. The jumper looks amazing and fits you perfectly- well done! xxx

    ReplyDelete